Ways to Enjoy Seaweed
- Stir Fried
Benefits of Seaweed
- Gut friendly and high in fibre, helps to prevent constipation
- Helps in weight management, it is low in fat and the high fibre helps to keep you fuller for longer
- High nutrition, high in protein to build strong muscles and a good srouce of vitamins and minerals
- Helps manage and prevent chronic diseases. High in antioxidants and may help lower high blood pressure and lowers bad cholesterol
Some things to note
- Check product labels for salt, sugar and fat content. Some brands of seaweeds may contain high sodium, MSG or prepared using unhealthy methods.
- Eat in moderation. Seaweeds are high in potassium which may affect people with kidney problems. The excessive iodine may cause thyroid issues. They may also contain heavy metals from the sea.
By : Alvin Ho
Certified Allied Healthcare/Fitness Professional (EIMS), Master Fitness Trainer / Fitness Nutrition, Resistance & Endurance Training Specialist (NFPT)
Copyright 2019 - Fitivate Pte Ltd