So Sweet it Hurts
So Sweet it Hurts!
Why is consuming too much sugar harmful?
- Number 1 cause of obesity
- Fluctuations in blood sugar causes fatigue
- Causes Type 2 Diabetes
- Increases cholesterol, causes heart diseases and stroke
4 unlikely foods with high sugar
- Granola cereal has 15%-50% sugar depending on brand. Granola bars tend to have higher sugar than cereals.
- Packet juices have about 10% sugar. Fresh fruit juice have about the same sugar content
- Ketchup contains 20% sugar
- Plain sugar contains 5% sugar. Fruit flavored yoghurt may be higher (up to 20%)
Tips for a low sugar diet
- Avoid cereals that are honey coated, sugar frosted, or chocolate based.
- Go for nut based cereals or oat meals
- Opt for unsweetened beverages; 0% boba teas, no sugar oolong / green tea and sugarless soy milk
- Eat whole fruits instead of juices
- Adopt a low sugar diet by identifying and void your triggers
- It also takes time to grow to like no sugar beverages, but it will be worth your effort.
By : Alvin Ho
Certified Allied Healthcare/Fitness Professional (EIMS), Master Fitness Trainer / Fitness Nutrition, Resistance & Endurance Training Specialist (NFPT)
Copyright 2019 - Fitivate Pte Ltd