Do Not Sit Too Long
Do Not Sit for Too Long
- Articles for you -
Assuming a seated posture over a prolonged time may induce
- Strained Neck and Shoulders
- Poor circulation to legs leading to Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) – clot formed in the legs
- Varicose Veins in the legs (bulging veins)
- Back pain – position stresses the back and spine.
- Risk of Herniated lumbar Disc (slipped disc)
- Reduction in spinal flexibility
- Weakened musculoskeletal structure : tightened hips, weakened core and glutes
- Lower metabolic rates leading to obesity
What you should do if you are needed to sit too long daily :
- Take mini breaks, stand up and walk!
- Stretch it out!
- At least 150 mins of moderate intensity exercise every week
- Take intervals to stand and work on your tasks
- Choose ergonomic seats
- Shift screens to neutral (level) eye position
By : Alvin Ho
B (Eng), MBA, Certified Allied Healthcare/Fitness Professional (EIMS), Master Fitness Trainer / Fitness Nutrition, Resistance & Endurance Training Specialist (NFPT)