The importance of a restful night
IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY
Strengthen memories and "practice" skills learnt when awake.
Help to reduce inflammation associated with heart diseases, stroke, diabetes, arthritis and premature aging.
Help to strengthen emotional components for creative thinking.
FOR THE ATHLETE IN YOU!
Alleviate fatigue and improve endurance.
IMPROVE YOUR FOCUS
Prevent hyperactive, inattentive and impulsive behaviours.
Improve your metabolism and maintain a healthy appetite.
LOWER STRESS AND PREVENT DEPRESSION
Decrease anxiety and improve emotional stability.
BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
Recover from acute illnesses such as flu and cold faster through sleep.
STAY IN YOUR BEST MOOD!
Anxiety and aggression can be caused by lack of sleep. Sleep helps to stabilise the mood and keep the mind calm.
SLEEP HOUR RECOMMENDATIONS*
- NEWBORN (0 - 3 MONTHS) : 14 - 17 hours
- INFANTS (4 - 11 MONTHS) : 12 - 15 hours
- TODDLERS (1 - 2 YEARS) : 11 - 14 hours
- PRESCHOOLERS (3 - 5 YEARS) : 10 - 13 hours
- SCHOOL AGE CHILDREN (6 - 13 YEARS) : 9 - 11 hours
- TEENAGERS (14 - 17 YEARS) : 8 - 10 hours
- YOUNGER ADULTS (18 - 25 YEARS) : 8 - 10 hours
- ADULTS (26 - 64 YEARS) : 7 - 9 hours
- OLDER ADULTS (65+ YEARS) : 7 - 8 hours
*Source : National Sleep Foundation
By : Alvin Ho
B (Eng), MBA, Certified Allied Healthcare/Fitness Professional (EIMS), Master Fitness Trainer / Fitness Nutrition, Resistance & Endurance Training Specialist (NFPT)