- Articles for you -
Benefits of bananas
- High in nutrients and vitamins
- Vitamin B6 (red blood cells production and efficiently use macronutrients for bodily functions)
- Vitamin C (protection to cell damage)
- Manganese (protection against free radicals)
- Potassium (promote heart health, maintain blood pressure and prevent muscle cramps)
- Fibre for better gut health
- 2 servings of bananas can make up to 30% of daily fibre needs
- Helps with issues such as constipation, indigestion and maintain a good bowel movement.
- Green bananas help with weight management
Unripe bananas contain resistant starch (Lower GI) that helps you stay fuller for longer.
- The energy booster
Ripen bananas are high in simple carbohydrates that are easily digested for energy boost, especially before and after excercise.
Note : Most healthy adults can enjoy up to 3 bananas a day. Those with diabetes (green bananas recommended) or high potassium levels should cut back on ripe yellow bananas.
- The Banana Shake
Blend one banana to low fat milk for nutritious and protein boosting shake.
Sliced bananas with whole grain cereals or oatmeal.
Replace sweet jam with banana slices when making sandwiches.
- Salad it!
Bananas are must haves in fruit salads.
- Peanut dip
High protein muscle buidling snack-dip banana chunks in low fat peanut butter.
By : Alvin Ho
B (Eng), MBA, Certified Allied Healthcare/Fitness Professional (EIMS), Master Fitness Trainer / Fitness Nutrition, Resistance & Endurance Training Specialist (NFPT)