Share this Image On Your Site
When you are in your growth and reproduction phase of life, it is unhealthy to be in a constant fight-or-flight mode. It saps your energy and inhibits your growth and reproduction. Our ancient genes are not designed to cope with chronic stress.
To stay in your growth mode, take the following steps:
- Nourish your body with nutrient-rich foods to stay lean and healthy;
- Identify and correct the causes of your chronic stress;
- Strengthen your immune system by programming your naïve immune cells with appropriate nutrients such as probiotics, prebiotics and the amino acid, glutamine
Live Longer and Better
As you enter your senior years, you may desire longevity and wellness. It is important that you eliminate your chronic stress to enter the maintenance phase. Take the following steps:
- Reduce your calorie intake but continue to eat nutrient-rich foods;
- Reduce your daily protein intake to 0.8g per kilogram of body weight;
Together, caloric restriction and lower protein intake will make your bod focus on cellular repair, maintenance and rejuvenation. This will promote longevity and wellness. It will also reduce your risks of cancer.
Finally, nourish your maintenance mode with positive signals from positive thoughts, happiness and love. You will enjoy longevity; you will als be free from chronic degenerative diseases.
This content is adapted, with permission, from Book 1 of 2 : The Wonders of Nutrition by Dr Ang Poon Liat. MBBS, M.MED (PAED), MRCP (UK PAED), FAMS, MD.